Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Episode 87

The Mutual Broadcasting System brings you another episode of Life in Hyperion.

Today's episode: "An Act of Love", Part 6

Yesterday, Cy began his plan to help Renee and Stacy.  However, things took a turn right off when Joanne joined up, against Cy's idea that she stay out of it.  They soon make their way to Tom's Place, where a helpful gives the location of Al's house, and presumebly Stacy. 
As we begin, Cy has headed back out, where Joanne stopped their progress with something on her mind...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

"We have to keep moving. We have a lot to do." says Cy.

"Cy, there's something I need to get off my mind." says Joanne.

"Can't this wait?" asks Cy.

"No, I need to talk to you and I'm not moving until you do." says Joanne.

"I'm close, and yet so far, it hurts me." says Cy.

"I don't care, we need to talk." says Joanne.

"Just tell me what's on your mind." says Cy.

"I just wanna talk about how you're going out of your way for a boarder." says Joanne.

"I think we've covered that." says Cy.

"I mean, that's not my point." says Joanne.

"Then what is your point?" asks Cy.

"My point is that you went out of your way to get a boarder." says Joanne.

"As Conrad might say, I was fighting loneliness." says Cy.

"Then why didn't you ask me to fight it?" asks Joanne.

"What are you talking about?" asks Cy.

"When you first told me about Thomas moving out, I thought I was getting a chance to move in, but then you went and got that boarder." says Joanne.

"Why would want to move in with me?" asks Cy.

"Because I love you." says Joanne.

"Well, I love you, too, and that's why I didn't ask." says Cy.

"What did love do to make you not ask you to let me move in?" asks Joanne.

"Because I've seen where you live." says Cy.

"That has nothing to do with that." says Joanne.

"It does, for I don't want you to give it up." says Cy.

"What am I giving up?" asks Joanne.

"The rich life you lead. Your upbringing." says Cy.

"What about your upbringing, Cy?" asks Joanne.

"My upbringing is different." says Cy.

"That's not the point. The point is, how much do you love me?" says Joanne.

"That's a hard question to answer." says Cy.

"Well, answer it." says Joanne.

"I consider you a loved one." says Cy.

"Does that mean anything?" asks Joanne.

"Renee said that, besides my mother, I didn't have a picture of a loved one." says Cy.

"Is that true?" asks Joanne.

"Yes, it is." says Cy.

"What about my picture? You never asked me for mine." says Joanne.

"I never did." says Cy.

"Maybe I should give you my picture." says Joanne.

"That would be a good idea." says Cy.

"Now, shall we get underway?" asks Joanne as she walks forward, with Cy silently following behind.

The duo, in the midst of the cold, dark night, make their way to the southern portion of town, the seedy part. The houses strike of decaying ruin. Before long, Cy and Joanne have arrived at Bowman Street. Once there, the two roam up the street, looking at the house numbers before arriving at number 137.

"There is it, our target." says Cy, hiding behind a nearby bush with Joanne.

"It's just a house." says Joanne.

"But inside that house is the key to Renee's happiness." says Cy.

"We need a plan." says Joanne.

"Well, there's no car in the parking lot, so we've got time." says Cy.

"Yeah, if they're gone for two weeks." says Joanne.

"Joanne, would you like to give an idea, for I love you much and like to see what kind of knowledge you're gonna teach our youth?" asks Cy.

"I think I might have an idea." says Joanne.

"And what idea is that?" asks Cy.

"We wait until they come home." says Joanne.

"Then what?" asks Cy.

"Then it's your turn for the idea." says Joanne.

Five minutes later, the roar of an engine herald the arrival of a car into the driveway of 137 Bowman Street. When it comes to a stop, five people get out. Four of them are men and the other is Stacy.

"There they are. Stacy and Al." says Cy.

"And Al's bodyguards." says Joanne.

"Now it's time for my idea." says Cy.

"Think as hard as you can." says Joanne.

"That's easier said than done." says Cy.

"I'm sure you've got one." says Joanne.

"I'm sure, too, but I have no idea for my idea." says Cy.

"What a thinker you are." says Joanne.

Meanwhile, inside the house, Al, a tough-looking Brooklyn-accented man, is talking to his bodyguards.

"Guys, I think I scared the hell outta that Renee." says Al.

"You did good with her." says Mike, one of the bodyguards.

"Same here." says Gene, another bodyguard.

"Ditto." says Reese, the last of the bodyguards.

"You three guard the house until morning. I'm gonna make my last pitch to Stacy." says Al, who then moves away from the group.

The bodyguards then leave the house and begin searching around the house. Meanwhile, inside the living room, Al sits down on the couch next to the depressed Stacy.

"Stacy, how about a kiss?" asks Al.

"Not now, Al." says Stacy.

"Are you sad? Let me help you." says Al.

"I don't need your help, Al." says Stacy.

"What are you thinkin' about, baby?" asks Al.

"Nothing. Just nothing." says Stacy.

"It better not be that Renee. I told you, that kind of love is wrong. What we have is right." says Al.

"What's wrong and what's right?" says Stacy.

"Come over here, babe, and let me love you." says Al, moving himself over on the couch.

"Don't you come near me." says Stacy.

"You're mine, Stacy, all mine." says Al.

"I belong to no one." says Stacy.

"We'll see about that." says Al as he raises a hand in the air.

Back in the bushes, Cy continues to think hard.

"I think I have an idea." says Cy, after ten minutes of thinking.

"What's your idea?" asks Joanne.

"We sneak past the bodyguards and into the house." says Cy.

"It took you ten minutes to think of that?" asks Joanne.

"Well, it was my first idea, but I didn't think you'd go for it." says Cy.

"Well, for lack of a better idea." says Joanne.

"Follow me then." says Cy.

Cy then moves along the bush until he reaches the sidewalk. He then views the still-circling bodyguards and follows their movement.

"What's the next move?" asks Joanne.

"We carefully walk up to the house without being seen." says Cy, moving slowly forward.

"I envy your mind right now." says Joanne, following behind.
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Tomorrow, a fight for freedom begins, with a unexpected fighter leading the charge as Cy continues his plan for freedom. 
 
Join us, won't you?
Yours truly, John Maxwell.
 
A production of WGN Chicago.  All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment