Thursday, October 7, 2010

Episode 89

The Mutual Broadcasting System brings you another episode of Life in Hyperion.

Today's episode: "An Act of Love", Part 8

Yesterday, Cy and Joanne began their plan to free Stacy by gaining her trust by explaining their presence in the house.  Soon, they were met by Al's personal bodyguards, who were defeated one by one by the judo skills of Joanne, who earned her part in the proceedings.
As we begin, the plan soon hits a wall as Al has pointed a gun at the gang...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What are you doing, Al?" asks Stacy.

"I'm merely protecting what's mine, and if your friends wish to live five minutes, I suggest they step away from the door." says Al, which the trio then do.

"You're no match for me." says Cy.

"Fight this yourself." says Joanne.

"What are you saying?" asks Cy.

"I save this one for you." says Joanne.

"Nice gun you have there." says Cy.

"Thanks. It's a means of protection." says Al.

"I have one, myself." says Cy, taking his own gun out of his coat.

"I don't think shooting anyone will help you, for every shot you fire, I fire back." says Al.

"I wasn't suggesting a shootout, my friend." says Cy.

"What were you suggesting?" asks Al.

"I was suggesting something that would prove yourself a man in Stacy's eyes." says Cy.

"And what are you suggesting?" asks Al.

"I'm suggesting that we have a duel." says Cy.

"What kind of a duel?" asks Al.

"The kind we're having now." says Cy.

"Spell that out for me." says Al.

"I've got my gun pointed at you, and the same for you." says Cy.

"That's right." says Al.

"So, why don't we keep it that way?" asks Cy.

"What do you mean?" asks Al.

"I mean, the two of us will keep facing each other without firing our guns." says Cy.

"What happens when we fire them?" asks Al.

"That person who fires first wins." says Cy.

"You're on, and no tricks." says Al.

"How can trick someone like you?" says Cy.

Time slowly moves by as Cy and Al continue their duel. The two eye each other. All looks for a reason to fire, while Cy just stares. Meanwhile, Stacy and Joanne look on, wondering who will fire first.

"I can't believe he's doing this." says Stacy.

"I trust Cy. He knows something." says Joanne.

"What can he know?" asks Stacy.

"I have no idea, Stacy." says Joanne.

"How long have you been with him?" asks Stacy.

"Several weeks." says Joanne.

"Me and Renee have been together since high school." says Stacy.

"That's a long time." says Joanne.

"One of these days, we would like to get married." says Stacy.

"First, the law has to change." says Joanne.

"Maybe Cy can change it." says Stacy.

"He's told me that he's staying out of politics." says Joanne.

"Too bad, he would make a great president." says Stacy.

"So it would seem." says Joanne.

Five hours later, the sky turns to pre-sunrise colors as Cy and Al continue to stare away in their duel. Al is beginning to tire, while Cy seems very refreshed.

"It's been five hours already, time to end this." says Al.

"You're right. It is time." says Cy.

"So, who's gonna fire first?" asks Al.

"I did say that the first who fires wins." says Cy.

"And I'm the winner." says Al.

"Correction." says Cy, who then fires his gun in the air.

With speed, he, along with Joanne and Stacy, exit the house. Al follows in quick pursue and the trio, led by Cy, leads Al down the street and into the downtown area as the sky turns sunrise colors before the sun peeks over the horizon. As the sun begins to peek, Al corners them in front of the police station.

"I got you now." says Al.

"Remember, I won the duel." says Cy.

"You did not win, because you didn't shoot me." says Al.

"I told you that the first who fires is the winner." says Cy.

"And I'm the winner." says Al.

"I fired first, so I won." says Cy.

"How can you win?" asks Al.

"Simple, all I have to say is, 'Officer Grace!'." says Cy.

"Yes, Cy?" asks Officer Grace as she steps outside.

"Remember what I said?" asks Cy.

"I did, and I saw what he was about to do." says Officer Grace as she walks over to Al with handcuffs.

"You out-smarted me!" says Al as Officer Grace cuffs him.

"Right now, I think you should observe your right to silence." says Cy.

"Miss Castle, can you tesify against this man?" asks Officer Grace.

"Does my right eye say it all?" asks Stacy.

"Come with me." says Officer Grace as she leads Al inside.

"You did it!" says Joanne.

"I am my mother's son, a genius." says Cy.

"Where do I go now?" asks Stacy.

"Follow me." says Cy as he and Joanne walk away, with Stacy following suit.

As the sun rises, Cy and Joanne lead Stacy over to Cy's house. Cy then leads Stacy inside, where he hears the bedroom door opening. As Renee enters the living room, he spies Stacy, standing by the door.

"Thank you, Cy." she says before she runs over and hugs Stacy.

Cy then makes his leave as he heads back over to where Joanne is standing.

"Time to work." says Cy as he moves on, with Joanne following.

The two soon reach the radio station, where they find Conrad and Phil going inside. The two then run up, excited as they can be.

"Good morning, guys." says Joanne as they stop.

"Good morning, Cy and Joanne." says Conrad.

"Conrad, you won't believe me, but I just had the adventure of a lifetime." says Cy.

"How did your plan to help Renee and Stacy go?" asks Conrad.

"It went very well. I actually outsmarted Al and now, he's behind bars for now." says Cy.

"Good for you." says Phil.

"You're my hero." says Joanne.

"And you're my loved one." says Cy.

"When can I give you my picture?" asks Joanne.

"Whenever possible." says Cy.

"One might say that you had a grand adventure." says Conrad.

"That I did, that I did." says Cy as he spies something out of the corner of his eye.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Tomorrow, we begin the ninth serial of the series with a discovery that someone from Cy's past has finally arrived in Hyperion.
 
Join us, won't you?
Yours truly, John Maxwell.
 
A production of WGN Chicago.  All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment