Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Episode 48

The Mutual Broadcasting System brings you another episode of Life in Hyperion.

Today's episode: "It Only Takes a Moment", Part 7

Yesterday, Cy and group arrived at Polly and the Sidewinders' all-day rehearsal.  While there, Cy and Conrad had a discussion over Darlene, where Conrad hinted that there may be something keeping him from accepting the human Darlene, althought he doesn't say what.  As we begin today, the focus of talking changes...

----------------------------------------------------------------------

As Cy and Conrad sit silently, Darlene turns her attention to Thomas, sitted right next to her and looking over and listening to Polly and the Sidewinders playing away. Darlene looks at Thomas for a minute and then begins talking.
"Sure is a great sound." says Darlene.
"Don't I know it?" says Thomas.
"I know it, too." says Darlene.
"That's good to know." says Thomas.
"Your life been good today?" asks Darlene.
"Yes, it has." says Thomas.
"Thomas, why are we doing this to ourselves?" asks Darlene.
"Doing what to ourselves?" asks Thomas.
"Ignoring what happened yesterday." says Darlene.
"Nothing happened yesterday." says Thomas.
"Then why don't we talk about it?" asks Darlene.
"Your brother two chairs over." says Thomas.
"He's listening to the music. He won't hear us." says Darlene.
"Are you sure about that?" asks Thomas.
"Trust me, Conrad is spending his hearing on the music." says Darlene.
"He looks to be doing so." says Thomas.
"Anyway, about what happened yesterday... " says Darlene.
"What happened happened and we can't change that." says Thomas.
"But how do we deal with that?" asks Darlene.
"We should do something about it." says Thomas.
"How about a date?" asks Darlene.
"What for?" asks Thomas.
"I see if what we have isn't just lust." says Darlene.
"Good idea." says Thomas.
"What are you two talking about?" asks Joanne, sitted right next to Darlene.
"Come, let us dance and I'll explain." says Cy.
"Why must we dance to talk?" asks Joanne as Cy leads her to the same area where Darlene was dancing earlier.
"Because I don't want Conrad to hear." says Cy.
"Must be important if you don't Conrad to hear about it." says Joanne.
"It's about love." says Cy.
"Conrad knows about us." says Joanne.
"This is about a new relationship." says Cy.
"Are you trying to tell me something?" asks Joanne.
"It's Thomas and Darlene." says Cy.
"Those two?" says Joanne.
"Love has bitten Darlene and it looks to be that Thomas is seeing it, as well." says Cy.
"So, why leave Conrad out?" asks Joanne.
"Because I know him and I don't think he would like his sister dating an ex-con." says Cy.
"I get you now. What can I do to help?" says Joanne.
"You cut to the quick. Just leave them be." says Cy.
"But I would like to help." says Joanne.
"Make me a dinner tonight, while Thomas and Darlene step out." says Cy.
"I'll make it kosher." says Joanne.
"Why for?" asks Cy.
"To get you ready for our life together." says Joanne.
"Let us keep dancing." says Cy.
The night soon arrives in Hyperion and at Cy's house, Thomas is checking himself in a mirror, all dressed up, making sure things look right. He happens to be dressed in one of Cy's causal outfits. Cy looks on at the routine.
"You look nice." says Thomas.
"I've gotta look really nice for Darlene." says Cy.
"Trust me, the clothing is a big deal." says Thomas.
"I know that, Cy." says Thomas.
"This is a first date, you know." says Cy.
"You love this, picking at me." says Thomas.
"I need something to do before you leave." says Cy.
"What are you gonna do?" asks Thomas.
"I've invited Joanne over to cook me dinner. I'm gonna dine kosher this evening." says Cy.
"Good luck with that." says Thomas.
Suddenly, a knock is heard at the door. Thomas rushes over quickly and opens it up to reveal Darlene, dressed in a finer version of her new wardrobe.
"Hello there, Cy, my darling." says Darlene.
"Hello, Darlene." says Thomas.
"Ready to go?" asks Darlene.
"Am I?" says Thomas as he steps out the door and closes it.
"He is." says Cy.
Another knock is then heard at the door. Cy then makes his way to the door and opens it to reveal Joanne.
"Hello there, my dear." says Joanne as she walks in.
"I'm ready for a kosher meal. What will we be having?" says Cy.
"Leave it to me. I wish to surprise you." says Joanne as she makes her way to the kitchen.
"I can't wait." says Cy.
"I just passed Thomas and Darlene leaving." says Joanne.
"Those two just can't wait, like I am." says Cy.
"I know that." says Joanne.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Tomorrow, Darlene and Thomas have a nice dinner and Conrad interupts another.  Which one?  Tune in and find out yourself.

Join us, won't you?
Yours truly, John Maxwell.

A production of WGN Chicago.  All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment