Monday, August 16, 2010

Episode 51

The Mutual Broadcasting System brings you another episode of Life in Hyperion.

Today's episode: "It Only Takes a Moment", Part 10

Last week, Polly had rehearsals for her upcoming performance at Tom's Place with the help of Elmer's group the Sidewinders.  The rehearsals went over well in manager Cy's mind and he foresaw a wonderful show.  Meanwhile, Darlene, still adjusting to being a warm human, decided to pursue a relationship with Thomas Cinder, Cy's boarder. 
Cy then has to run interferrence around Conrad, who Cy believes would ruin the romance, seeing how he disproves of Darlene's newfound humanity.  Soon, the two have their first date, which goes over well.  So well, in fact, that the two journey back to Cy's house and finish off the date in romantic style. 
As we begin this week, the morning has arrived and Darlene and Thomas is closing out their date...

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Five minutes later, Thomas and Darlene exit the bedroom, completely dressed, as they make their way into the living room, where Cy happens to be waiting for them.

"Hello, guys." says Cy, speaking from the easy chair.

"Cy, you're not gonna tell Conrad about this?" asks Darlene.

"Of course not. I know Conrad by now and I feel to withhold this information." says Thomas.

"See you tomorrow." says Cy as Darlene departs.

"How fast love grows. Looks like Darlene is getting her first shot of vitamin L." says Cy.

"What's vitamin L?" asks Thomas.

"Love, silly. It's just as important as the other vitamins." says Cy.

"Another one of your mother's lessons?" asks Thomas.

"It was a song by Mary Kay Place, if you must know." says Cy.

"Your wisdom is interesting but weird." says Thomas.

"What praise." says Cy.

"Whatever." says Thomas.

Some time later, Cy makes his way into the WHYP green room, with a smile on his face. As he enters, he spies Phil, getting a cup of coffee.

"Good morning, Phil." says Cy.

"Good morning, Cy. You're happy this morning." says Phil, handing Cy a cup of coffee.

"And so did Thomas and Darlene upon waking this morning." says Cy.

"Did those two have a date?" asks Phil.

"They did, and they finished with a night of passion at my house." says Cy.

"Just like me and Officer Grace." says Phil.

"I seem to bring people together. You and Officer Grace, me and Joanne, and now Thomas and Darlene. My lot in life is great." says Cy.

"What a guy you are." says Phil.

"What shall I do next?" says Cy.

"Maybe you can fix that Middle East problem for the world if you feel up to it." says Phil.

"Later. Right now, I must ready for the show." says Cy.

"Cy, Cy, I must talk to you." says Conrad, running into the room.

"Good morning, nice to see you. What is it now?" says Cy.

"Darlene is still not at home." says Conrad.

"She is home." says Cy before he remembers that it's his home.

"I checked. She's not there. She's gone, I know it." says Conrad.

"She's not gone, Conrad." says Cy.

"Then where is she?" asks Conrad.

"She was... my house." says Cy.

"Where?" asks Conrad.

"At my house, in bed, with Thomas." says Cy.

"Thomas was in bed with my sister?" says Conrad as he grabs Cy's shirt collar.

"Easy, Conrad. They're two adults." says Cy.

"Darlene's a child." says Conrad.

"She's 30 years old now, let go." says Cy.

"I'm not gonna let go of her." says Conrad.

"I mean my neck!" says Cy.

Conrad then lets go of the shirt collar.

"Sorry." says Conrad.

"It's okay. I had it coming." says Cy.

"I can't you believe you let this happen to my sister." says Conrad.

"What happen? Love?" says Cy.

"It's not love, she can't love." says Conrad.

"You know something I don't know?" asks Cy.

"I do, and you shouldn't know." says Conrad.

"Then, leave Thomas and Darlene alone." says Cy.

"You don't get it, do you?" asks Conrad.

"Get what?" asks Cy.

"I'll show you." says Conrad as he leaves the green room.

"He left going towards the front door." says Cy.

"I guess I'm your sidekick again." says Phil.

"I think people are getting used to you by now for your weekly appearences." says Cy.

"Verse me on today's show." says Phil.

A couple of hours later, Cy makes his way into his house. Quickly, he looks for Thomas and finds him alone in the study, strumming away at his guitar, playing the song he and Darlene composed two days ago.

"Thomas, I need to talk to you." says Cy.

"What about?" asks Thomas as he stops playing.

"It's about Conrad." says Cy.

"What about him?" asks Thomas.

"I had to tell him about you and Darlene." says Cy.

"How'd he take it?" asks Thomas.

"As well as I thought he would." says Cy.

"That bad, eh?" says Thomas.

"Thomas, I told him to leave the two of you alone and he told me that I didn't get it and I was gonna see." says Cy.

"About what?" asks Thomas.

"He didn't tell me. he just left, leaving me to do the show with Phil." says Cy.

"I knew there was a reason for him this morning besides sickness." says Thomas.

"I got a letter yesterday, asking me why they were keeping Conrad on the payroll if he was getting sick every week." says Cy.

"Did you answer it?" asks Thomas.

"Not yet." says Cy.

Suddenly, a knock is heard at the front door.

"I wonder who that is." says Thomas.

"I'll see." says Cy.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Tomorrow, a knock on the door leads to trouble with the law, if one could believe the connection but you won't believe the real connection to the law.
 
Join us, won't you?
Yours truly, John Maxwell.
 
A production of WGN Chicago.  All rights reserved.

NOTE: The staff of the web site Web Fiction Guide have added our show to their listings.  Please head over to webfictionguide.com and tell them and the world how you feel about our show.  Remember, our opinion is very important to us (and we mean it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment