Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Episode 67

The Mutual Broadcasting System brings you another episode of Life in Hyperion.

Today's episode: "Believe Me When I Tell You", Part 13

Yesterday, Thomas returned to Mary's apartment to confront her about what she had told him about being his mother.  Mary's side was merely bringing up a time when the two had met before and soon, Thomas' resolve disappeared at the sound of the memory, leaving him in tears, comforted by someone who loves him.
As we begin, the scene now shifts to Cy's house...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Back at his house, some time later, Cy is sitting in his easy chair, with Liberty laying by his side, asleep. As he reads, he hears the sound of the door opening and closing. Cy turns to see Thomas, Darlene, and Mary, with Thomas' head on Mary's shoulder.

"How is he?" asks Cy.

"He's fine now. he believes me now." says Mary.

"That I can see." says Cy.

"Never leave me again." says Thomas.

"Never, as long as I live." says Mary.

"You can go home now." says Thomas as he takes his head off her shoulder.

"I'll stay here with Thomas." says Darlene.

"Thank you. He's all yours now." says Mary, who then departs.

"Must have been an interesting time." says Cy.

"Don't ask." says Thomas.

"Unlike you, I can only dream of my mother." says Cy.

"To think I believed a lie for most of my life." says Thomas.

"We can't help but believe the stories of our youth. It comes with being young." says Cy.

"You're so helpful. You believed in this." says Thomas.

"I had to, until you did." says Cy.

"I spent my whole work day thinking this over before I went over there." says Thomas.

"I hope you got paid." says Cy.

"I did." says Thomas.

"How much did you get?" asks Cy.

"Never you mind." says Thomas.

"Just asking. It's nice to see you went along, Darlene." says Cy.

"I was his moral support, so to speak." says Darlene.

"How long did he go before he went?" asks Cy.

"He went not as quickly." says Darlene.

"It took a little, didn't it?" asks Cy.

"I had to scream before he went." says Darlene.

"You must have a quite a voice. I mean, I heard it last Friday." says Cy.

"It got him to listen, and down he went." says Darlene.

"The more women in Thomas' life, the more he become adjusted to the outside world." says Cy.

"Joanne must be having an effect on you, as well." says Darlene.

"She must be. I ate some of that kosher food last week and now, I feel kosher." says Cy.

"Do you still eat bacon?" asks Darlene.

"I do." says Cy.

"Give her time." says Darlene.

"I hope I can resist. I just enjoy ham." says Cy.

The next morning soon arrives and Cy awakens from his easy chair at his usual time, with Liberty still asleep by his side. Cy thinks to himself what kind of dog he now has and how much he is like his master. As he gets out of his chair, he sees the figure of Thomas standing by the writing desk.

"Good morning, Cy." says Thomas.

"Good morning. What brings you up?" asks Cy.

"I need to talk to you." says Thomas.

"What about?" asks Cy.

"I've decided to move out." says Thomas.

"Move out? You've actually decided to move back into your old house?" asks Cy.

"No, I'm gonna move in with my mother." says Thomas.

"You just met her." says Cy.

"I realize now that I have family and I'm gonna live with them." says Thomas.

"I can't stop you from moving." says Cy.

"Good. I'm movng out by the end of the week." says Thomas.

"Give me time." says Cy.

"I must go now." says Thomas.

"Where?" asks Cy.

"To ask my mother if I can live with her." says Thomas.

"Say hello for me." says Cy.

"I will." says Thomas, who then starts for the door.

"Thomas, good choice." says Cy.

"Thanks." says Thomas as he then heads out the door.

Cy then continues to sit there, thinking over what has just been said, that after five weeks, his boarder will be moving out. With each turn of the thought, the loneliness that Cy had been feeling before comes back to him as he wonders who will keep him company now.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Tomorrow, we begin our sixth serial of the series with the fallout of Thomas' announcement of moving out, where all those told weigh in.
 
Join us, won't you?
Yours truly, John Maxwell.
 
A production of WGN Chicago.  All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment