Monday, September 27, 2010

Episode 81

The Mutual Broadcasting System brings you another episode of Life in Hyperion.

Today's episode: "In With The New", Part 7

Last week, Cy had problems adjusting to life with his new boarder, Renee.  The major problem ended up being morning attacks on Cy with a newspaper, which caused him to worry that his life was in danger.  Finally, taking a cue from his mother's life, he don a disguise and call on the acting skills within him to follow Renee to Tom's Place, where Cy makes an interesting discovery.
As we begin, a mysterious visitor is about to decend on a couple...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

"Excuse me, ladies." says Cy in a gruff voice.

"Who are you, good sir?" asks Stacy.

"I'm... Dallas. Dallas Burroughs. May I sit at this table?" says Cy.

"Yes, you may, Mr. Burroughs." says Stacy.

"Thanks. You know, I was sitted over there and I couldn't help but notice you two and your kiss. When I saw that, I said to myself, 'I better see the reason for that.'." says Cy.

"Must you know?" asks Renee.

"Relax, Renee. He seem trustworthy." says Stacy.

"You mind sharing the logic behind that kiss?" asks Cy.

"It is what you think." says Stacy.

"That you two love each other the same way a man and a woman love each other?" asks Cy.

"That's right, Mr. Burroughs." says Stacy.

"Do you have a problem with that?" asks Renee.

"I don't. I believe that love is for everyone of us and shouldn't be rationed to a lucky few." says Cy.

"You sound very worldly." says Stacy.

"I am, Miss... " says Cy.

"Castle." says Stacy.

"Well, with a name like that, I bet you're a strong-willed type." says Cy.

"That I am." says Stacy.

"Is that all, Mr. Burroughs?" asks Renee.

"That answers all my questions. Sorry to have troubled you." says Cy as he gets up from the table.

"I hope to see you again, Mr. Burroughs." says Stacy.

"I'm sure you will." says Cy, who then gets up from the table.

"He seems very nice." says Stacy.

"And very familiar." says Renee.

Cy makes his way out of the place and makes his way back home. When he arrives, he removes his disguise, puts it away, and makes his way to his easy chair, where he drifts off to sleep, hoping to head off the wake-up call at the pass.

The next morning, Cy makes his way to WHYP and the green room. When he arrives, he finds both Phil and Conrad. Conrad is playing another game of pinball and Phil is reading a magazine.

"Good morning, people." says Cy as he enters.

"Good morning, Cy." says Conrad, keeping his mind on the game.

"Good morning, Phil. I see you're in a happy mood." says Phil, putting down his magazine.

"That's because I have news." says Cy.

"What kind of news?" asks Phil, walking over to where Cy is standing.

"I think I may have solve the problem I have with my boarder." says Cy.

"What problem?" asks Conrad.

"Well, I might as well tell you. My new boarder Renee seems to have a dislike for me." says Cy, walking over to the pinball machine.

"And you're so easy to get along with." says Conrad.

"I hear sarcasm in that statement." says Cy.

"That's right." says Conrad.

"Conrad, Renee seems to have this dislike of New Yorkers, calling them stupid and only thinking of themselves." says Cy.

"And how do you know this?" asks Conrad.

"Because she woke me up two days in a row swatting me with a newspaper." says Cy.

"That does mean something." says Conrad.

"And then, she nearly killed me with a baseball bat." says Cy.

"That's serious." says Conrad, ending the game he was playing.

"Each time I stopped her, she would break into sobs and run away." says Cy.

"Something must be affecting her." says Conrad.

"Also, she has been sneaking out at night, and I suspect that something was happening because the beatings would follow afterwards." says Cy.

"Knowing you, you had to look into it." says Conrad.

"I did, with the help of a disguise beard and outfit, due to the nature of the investigation." says Cy.

"And what did you find out?" asks Conrad.

"I followed Renee to Tom's Place. There, Renee had a meeting with another woman." says Cy.

"A friend of hers?" asks Conrad.

"A really close friend, if you know what I mean." says Cy.

"How close?" asks Phil, walking over.

"Like two people in love." says Cy.

"You mean... " says Phil.

"That's what I mean." says Cy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Tomorrow, we begin our eighth serial of the series by continuing onward from Cy and his discovery of his boarder's love life, with plenty of opinions, as always.
 
Join us, won't you?
Yours truly, John Maxwell.
 
A production of WGN Chicago.  All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment