Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Episode 82

The Mutual Broadcasting System brings you another episode of Life in Hyperion.

Today's episode: "An Act of Love", Part 1

Yesterday, we ended our seventh serial of the series with Cy having a talk with Renee and her friend Stacy, and discovering that the two are, in fact, lovers.  The next day, Cy then begin to relate his discovery to Conrad and Phil, which is where we begin our eighth serial today...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wait a minute? You mean, your new boarder is a homosexual?" asks Conrad.

"It's a surprise to me, but I accept it." says Cy.

"So, tell me, did you learn about that other woman?" asks Phil.

"I did. Her name is Stacy Castle and she looks very beautiful. I can see why Renee would love her." says Cy.

"Did you talk to her?" asks Phil.

"I actually, disguising my voice and saying I was Dallas Burroughs." says Cy.

"Did they catch on?" asks Conrad.

"They did not, although I think Renee was starting to. When I saw that, I got out of there." says Cy.

"So, why all the secrecy? Why not just tell you?" asks Phil.

"Because many people don't understand like I do." says Cy.

"Plus, I think a New Yorker besides Cy must be involved in this somewhere." says Conrad.

"My line of thought exactly. There's a force keeping these two apart." says Cy.

"It's hard to find a cause when part of this town wouldn't approve of this love connection." says Phil.

"I do, and I'll see to it that this connection stays connected." says Cy.

"Says Cy the Crusader." says Conrad.

"What are you saying now?" asks Cy.

"Maybe these two shouldn't be together if they're being driven apart." says Conrad.

"Darlene and Thomas are together despite your efforts." says Cy.

"Don't use that for an example." says Conrad.

"Okay then." says Cy.

"You're just dropping that?" asks Conrad.

"I have bigger things to attend to and have no need of this tired argument." says Cy.

"That's the spirit." says Phil.

Just then, the phone rings. Cy rushes over to it and picks up the receiver quickly.

"Hello?" asks Cy.

"Mr. Scott, you have a phone call." says Loni.

"Patch it in." says Cy.

"Okay." says Loni.

"Hello?" says the voice of Tom at the other end.

"Tom? What are you calling me at this time of the morning?" asks Cy.

"I need a favor from you." says Tom.

"It depends on the favor." says Cy.

"It's about Polly." says Tom.

"I feel that this call is about work for my client." says Cy.

"You feel correctly. Since you are Polly's manager, I feel it best to run this by you. My patrons want to hear Polly again." says Tom.

"She's a hit?" asks Cy.

"She's a star, and I need her to shine on Saturday." says Tom.

"This Saturday?" asks Cy.

"Can you pull it off?" asks Tom.

"I can do it. I thrive on challenge. I'm an Aries." says Cy.

"See you Saturday, then." says Tom, who then hangs up.

"Who was it?" asks Conrad, walking over.

"It was Tom. Polly's has a gig this Saturday." says Cy.

"You gotta work fast." says Phil.

"Watch my smoke." says Cy, who then starts dailing a number.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Tomorrow, a rehearsal with music turns into a debate with words that define the concepts of love, sin, and the Almighty, all of which have interesting outcomes for Cy.
 
Join us, won't you?
Yours truly, John Maxwell.
 
A production of WGN Chicago.  All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment